Listen to the body. Ignore the body. Breath into it. Sink into it. Peel back the layers one by one. Hour by hour, minute by minute, the further you go the less you need and the more you want—a catalog of luxuries you wear and inhabit and depend on without any conscious thought or consideration. Usually it’s the lack of temperature regulation that is the first to go. Then mealtimes and meal regularity. Sleeping on the ground. Shitting in the woods. No hot water. Various cuts and bruises. Wet feet and cold hands. Eventually none of it matters and, in fact, none of it even factors. You’re wholly preoccupied with the first real silence you’ve heard in days, weeks, years. Punctuated, at times, by the sound of your footsteps and your heartbeat and various environmental sounds like rockfall and running water. You’re Inside The Outside and moving across the topography with grace and style because you’ve found Comfort With Discomfort.
VOILE STRAPS ARE THE BEST STRAPS ON THE MARKET FOR DOING STRAP STUFF— VOILE OFFERS CUSTOM PRINTING AND CUSTOM PRINTING MEANS THAT WE CAN EQUIP & EMBUE EACH STRAP WITH A MANTRA (COMFORT WITH DISCOMFORT) SUCH THAT YOUR STRAPS WILL FUNCTION AS TALISMANS—NON MARRING, NON-CONDUCTIVE, WORKS IN EXTREME WEATHER, SUPER STRONG, WONT SLIP, HOLDS TIGHT, DAISY CHAIN TOGETHER—AVAILABLE IN FUTURE NATURE GREEN WHICH IS EASY TO SEE INSIDE WHEN IN YOUR PACK AND IS ON BRAND FOR MSO BECAUSE MSO IS V FUTURE NATURE.
- When and where possible replace all your velcro straps with ski straps. *Especially “floating straps.”
- Use for bikepacking.
- Use for travel.
- Use for any/and gear management.
- Use for camera gear especially cable kit and tripod attachment scenarios.
- Keep a set in your bugout bag.
- Keep a set in your glove compartment.
- Keep a set in your tool bag.
- Use when packing-up a bike for travel and/or shipping.
- Give them to friends and family as a gift because everybody needs and wants ski straps in order to feel safe/prepared/successful in general and for thriving Inside The Outside.
- Enjoy the supremacy of Strap Tech.
- Accept velcro as the gold standard when it comes to Attachment Tech. It’s not. At best, the use of velcro is antiquated and entertaining for your friends.
- Ever use pedal straps. For anything. Ever again.
- Limit your creativity when it comes to ski straps. They are as versatile as you are. Know that. Feel that. Exploit that.
- Replace all high quality zip ties with ski straps. There are still plenty of scenarios in which zip ties make more sense. But yeah, we get it, it DOES make sense to consider it.
- Be a victim of Lash Tech.