“I’ve dedicated my life to Performance Journalism™.”
Why? Great question. Because the world needs it and humanity depends on it. Without it we could be looking at a culture best defined as what happens when Idiocracy and 1984 fuck on a copy of a Kinfolk on an Ikea coffee table in the green room on the set of The Handmaid’s Tale. Sure sure, pretty alarmist stuff, but the ALARMS SHOULD BE GOING OFF!
“What is PJ™ exactly? And why is it important?”
- First, it’s pseudo- or “street-” cultural anthropology in an effort to understand our recreational impulses and the recreational impulses of those we might describe as Other. Recreation is how we spend all of our free time and money, it’s the purest and simplest look into who we are as a culture. Our hopes and dreams. Our proclivities and priorities. Our Nerds and Warriors.
- Second, it’s the Discovery of Everything. It’s a celebration of curiosity. Without curiosity and wonder and humor and the exchange of stuff, we’re lost. Don’t stay in your lane. Don’t live a monolithic vertical torrent of oneness and sameness. Borrow, exchange, mix, blend, sample. SEE NEW SHIT. FEEL NEW SHIT. Expand your mind.
- Third, it’s Public Service Announcements or PSAs. = Explore, Engage, Entertain. Social marketing. Dissmentation. This is the tool, the method, the content approach, the channel, the media, the art, the story.
- Last, it’s “Experiencing”, let’s do this together, let’s share stuff. Let’s be in this together. Let’s live it and do it. Let’s connect. Touch the world.
- ***And also it’s about bikes because bikes happen at an average of 18mph and 18mph has been scientifically proven to be the very most right speed at which to experience the world and time. Another way of thinking about it would be to say that bikes are a portal into another dimension, aka “the perfect transformation tool.” Transform your physical reality, your emotional state, your metaphysical particulars, etc. Transformation is change. Bike = change.***
PJ™ requires tactical travel and tactical travel requires the right fashion and equipment tools. That’s why Myth State Of commissioned Los Angeles-based Yanco to create a Performance Journalism™ capsule collection of custom travel bags made to our exacting PJ™ standards. And that’s why Myth State Of commissioned custom jewelry maker Mike Cherney to make a Yonder Journal Buffalo gold-plated talisman for luck, good vibes and positive energy in the form of an unassuming “zipper pull.”
Made with Dyneema Composite Fiber (fka Cuben Fiber), YKK waterproof zippers and various other best-in-class hardware, these bags are technical AF. Featuring a handmade gold-plated talisman—“investment cast bronze which is a ton of hand work & time and then hand finished with heavy plated high carat gold”—made in in the wilds of the Mythical State of Jefferson in Northern California in an undisclosed location between the Marble Mountain Wilderness, The Trinity Alps and Mt. Shasta, these bags are also Magical AF.
“Talk about Vortices!!!!!!!!!!! Los Angeles X the MSOJ X Performance Journalism™. Blows my mind just thinking about it.”
Every PJ™ bag in the collection is next-level light, durable and basically waterproof unless submerged. Swimming is encouraged! Just not with these bags. Otherwise, feel free to engage with the mercurial-ist of environments including all of Earth, the Moon and most of Alpha Proxima. Battle the toughest of assignments. Take huge risks and feel comfortable doing it. Basically, now you can go for it and really give it and trust on a cosmic level that at least as far as your kit is concerned it looks good AND works good—so you should too.
- Backpack: this is what happens when NASA and Jansport have sex and make a baby that grows up skateboarding and riding bikes in Los Angeles. Either you NEED this RIGHT NOW, or you don’t’. I do and did, that’s why I own two. 14×18″ – $140
- Musette: it’s a bag with a shoulder strap. It’s the best version of something you probs already own two or three of. Give those away, buy this. 12×11″ – $70
- Fanny Pack: wear it around your waist or shoulder; perfect for keys, drugs, passport(s?), tickets, AirPods, and other misc. shit you need on-demand while moving hard in airports and various other intermodal environments. 8.5×6″ – $45
- Large Zip Pouch: for expensive miscellaneous shit while maintaining YOU LOOK GOOD YOU ARE GOOD steez. Listen, it’s for stuff. 7×9″ – $40
- Small Zip Pouch: also for stuff. Plus, SEE ABOVE regarding YLGAG steez. 6×8.5″ – $35
Available in the MSO Shop now!
*Quantities HIGHLY limited.