Modern berets originated in the Basque Country, but similar beret-like headwear has been worn across Europe since pre-Roman times.
"Paint me like one of your Basque girls!"
Ertzaintza is the Public Guard or People’s Guard for the Basque Country. An Ertzaintza member is called an ertzaina. The origins of the current Ertzaintza, can be traced back to the old municipal militias, which were popular organizations at the service of local bodies, created to satisfy the need for public safety.
Cadel pretended that he couldn't hear us because of his music, but we know he could.
The surname Hesjedal is very rarely used outside of Norway (73% of Hesjedals live there) and Canada (the remaining 27% Hesjedals live there).
Shoe fetishism is the attribution of sexual qualities to shoes or other footwear. According to some estimates, as many as 64% of the population claims to have, or have had, a sexual predilection toward footwear.