Phase 1: SA Casting Call
- Please include: 1) Name, age, place of residence, 2) Years riding, years riding dirt/gravel, 3) Why you love testing yourself, 4) Why you love riding dirt/gravel and the Dirty Kanza 200, 5)
- Application cutoff is 1st February 2017.
- Video applications should be submitted in 1080p resolution if possible. If not, please submit in the highest resolution your camera can record.
- Video applications should be no longer than five minutes in length.
- If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact email@example.com
- Submissions are now closed. Thank you to all who applied.
Subject Athletes will help us understand the reasons why we push so hard for recreation.
Phase 2: Outfitting
- Specialized Diverge – Training Bicycle
- Specialized Diverge – Race Bicycle
- Specialized Airnet – Helmet
- Specialized Recon – Shoes
- Project Y Kit (Jersey, Bibshorts, Accessories)
- Subject Athlete Casual Team Wear (Cross-Training Activewear, Leisure Sandals, Watch Cap, Standard Issue Sneakers)
- Personalized Coaching, including training plan
Project Y has cultivated a top-notch coaching staff for our Subject Athletes.
Each Subject Athlete will be put through a series of tests and their performance will be throughly assessed. Based on these results unique training regimens will be developed so that Subject Athlete will reach peak physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual conditioning.
Phase 3: Team Camp
- Selected Subject Athlete will travel to Portland, Oregon for Team Camp.
- This event is slated to take place over a weekend in March 2017. Details announced soon.
- Transportation to and from team camp will be worked out on an individual basis.
- Accommodations will be provided for Subject Athlete.
- This is a mandatory event for all selected Subject Athlete.
Subject Athletes will be evaluated by experts, equipped with gear, and issued time goals.
Phase 4: Independent Training
- After team camp, Subject Athlete will return to their home training environments to prepare for the race.
- Subject Athlete will be required to create 3-4 video diaries per month leading up to the race. These diaries may be, but are not limited to, interactions with the coaching staff, interactions with the other Subject Athlete, and individual confessionals.
- Subject Athlete will be required to track training data.
Subject Athletes will be monitored against the regimen outlined by their coaches.
Phase 5: The 2017 Dirty Kanza 200
- All Subject Athlete will participate in the 200 mile version of the race with a Yonder Journal support crew. We encourage prospective Subject Athlete to visit the Dirty Kanza website and read the rider’s bible [PDF] to get a better understanding of this event before applying.
- The 2017 Dirty Kanza takes place June 3rd, 2017. All Subject Athlete must be in attendance.
- Subject Athlete will be filmed and documented before, during, and after the event.
Subject Athletes will receive entry Into the 2017 Dirty Kanza 200.
NOTICE! DIRTY KANZA REGISTRATION PSA
ALL PROSPECTIVE SUBJECT ATHLETES MUST READ
The PROJECT Y STAFF understands that our selection process will take place after registration for the 2017 Dirty Kanza opens. If you are applying to take part in Project Y DK200 as a Subject Athlete but plan on racing the 2017 Dirty Kanza whether or not you are selected to be a part of our team, then we encourage you to register for the race at your convenience. In the event that you are selected to take part in Project Y DK200 and have already registered for the 2017 Dirty K, we will reimburse your race entry fees. In the event that you are not selected to take part in Project Y DK200, then your individual registration will grant you entry to the race. Either way, we hope to see you in Emporia!
Introduction: Project Y
The perfect way to test limits—emotionally, psychologically, spiritually, physically, etc.