In preparation for the 2014 USA Pro Challenge, MFS photographed Team Mechanics preparing for the 2o14 USA Pro Challenge. You know, to practice and calibrate and whatnot. And because it’s meta, and we like that kind of thing.
- Obtain Credentials, Media Stickers and Moto Assignments. Chill with Guillermo , the Moto dude.
- Organize, schedule and lock down Resort & Lounge-wear Human Athlete Visual Sho wcase candidates for later this week.
- Locate and borrow/purchase a megaphone f or Manual for Speed Human Athlete(s) Visual Showcase Volume Four: Mavic Special Service Course Boot Camp .
- Locate and borrow/purchase a whistle for same as above.
- Locate and borrow/purchase a stopwatch for same as above.
- Locate and borrow a puppy, preferably something fluffy and cute. And/or a baby or small child. For the Thomas Dekker #fansies Glamour Shoot.
- Photograph the Mavic Special Service Course Boot Camp Visual Showcase in the back of Snowmass Village Parking Lot #10.
- Rendezvous with Alex Howes and Phil Gaimon at the Timberline Condos in the Snowmass Village to photograph Manual for Speed Manual Volume Four: Chillering, The Art and Science of Napping & Reading .
- Organize and execute some kind of Garmin Team Photoshoot, determining the particulars and whatever relevant themes at some point before the actual event commences.
Today’s Objective’s Outcomes:
- We found the Media Room in the Antler Room of the Hotel Jerome, an Auberge Resort , and a luxury resort experience with a historic story. “Located in the heart of Aspen with a unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic heritage, deluxe accommodations, superb amenities, genuine hospitality and dedicated service for an elevated experience in the Rocky Mountains.” Guillermo wanted to know which of one of us wanted a moto assignment and for which days. We talked about who and when. Then Emiliano found a bowl of M&M’s and some coffee on the snack table, then we left.
- As it stands we have a verbal commitment from the following Human Athletes: Matt Cooke, Serge Tsvetkov, Lucas Euser, Ted King, Kiel Reijnen, Ian Burnett, and Thomas Dekker. If you’re a professional athlete and you’re reading this and you’re interested, please contact us directly at [email protected] It pays $10.00 cash on delivery and will take approximately ten minutes. If you are friends with, related to, or in a partnership with a professional athlete competing in this year’s USAPC and you would like to recommend them, please contact us directly. If your recommendation leads to an actual photoshoot we will pay you a $5.00 finder’s fee.
- After an exhaustive canvassing effort including—but not limited to—shoulder-tapping various Aspen residents and vacationers out-and-about on a Sunday morning and pleading with the many various Race Officials and Staff working and walking around the start area, we found a dude sitting in an official race pick-up truck who said he thought he could make it happen. He picked up a radio and asked the dude on the other end to drop two megaphones off at the stage near the start line. We said thanks and how did you do that? He said he was the Course Director and it was his pleasure. We told him we just needed them until five or seven, he said that’s fine, we could just drop them off on the stage whenever we’re done with them. We said cool, would you like some collateral or something?, he said no that’s cool I like you guys and trust you guys even though I don’t know why.
- We located and purchased two Coghlan’s Wilderness Signal Whistles ($3.99 a piece) at Carl’s Pharmacy (306 East Main Street in downtown Aspen). Side note: We chose the Coghlan’s over several other models/brands because the Coghlans come with a Mavic-Yellow lanyard.
- We located a Timex Stopwatch with Indiglo Night-light and NIGHT-MODE, Workout Memory, Average Lap and Total Segment Time, 100-Hour Chronograph with Lap and Split Times, 50-Lap Memory Recall, Pacer and Speed Calculation at Carl’s Pharmacy for $42.00, but we didn’t buy it because the suggested retail price for that model of Timex Stopwatch is only $32.00.
- After tweeting about it, and after asking everybody we know that lives in Aspen, we found a full-grown German Shepherd named Gracie available for delivery in the greater Aspen Metro Area. However, after a great deal of consideration it was determined that a full grown dog wasn’t the right vibe for Thomas Dekker. Later that day, in fact, we confirmed that Thomas would rather do a Photo Session with a small child or a puppy or a kitten. Dear World of Colorado, do you have a small child or a puppy or a kitten that we can borrow for a short period of time between the hours of 9:00 and 11:00 AM at some point during the next seven days? Please note the situation, such as it is, calls for delivery and pick-up.
- After a shaky start related to skepticism and general wariness regarding our intentions, photographic style and expectations, this happened.
- Phil brought his book, Alex brought a pillow, things happened, please (PLEASE!!!!!) return to manualforspeed.com later today and/or follow various MFS social media outlets throughout the day for the forthcoming MFSM-004.
- Approximately seventeen minutes before 6:00 PM and the start of our Garmin Team Rider thing, we conceived what would become the inaugural Team Garmin Pre-game Meet’n’Greet Lawn Party Interview and Portrait Session. Please see below.
2014 USA PRO CHALLENGE: TEAM MECHANICS PREP
A REPORT ABOUT TATTOOS ON MEN BY FOX NEWS STATED THAT, "TATTOOS ARE GREAT, BUT ONLY WHEN THE BODY IS GREAT THAT GOES ALONG WITH IT."
PERCENTAGE OF ANNUAL SUNSHINE IN COLORADO: DENVER 69%, GRAND JUNCTION %71, PUEBLO %76
GILMOUR AY4FFM ALUMINUM 4 WAY SHUT OFF VALVE CONNECTOR. FEATURES INCLUDE: SHUT OFF VALVE CONNECTOR, HEAVY DUTY ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION, EXTRA LARGE HANDLES FOR EASY GRIP AND TURN, EASY ON SWIVEL CONNECTOR, WITHSTANDS HOT WATER TEMPERATURES, 45% MORE WATER FLOW, 4 WAY VALVE DESIGN
THE ELONGATED SPACE OF A TRUCK'S CARGO AREA THAT EXTENDS ABOVE THE CAB IS REFERRED TO AS "MOM'S ATTIC" BY U-HAUL. ACCORDING TO THEIR WEBISTE, "MOM’S ATTIC IS SEPARATED FROM THE REST OF THE CARGO AREA, IT’S IDEAL FOR SMALLER, FRAGILE ITEMS BECAUSE IT KEEPS THEM SEPARATE FROM FURNITURE AND LARGE, HEAVY BOXES."
2014 Tour of Utah – Stage 07
Guys, I'm not doing so hot. I think I might be clinically exhausted.