LINES ARE ABOUT FINDING THE CLEANEST, MOST CREATIVE AND COMPELLING ROUTE FROM A-B OR A-A OR A-C. THIS IS NOT AN FKT UNLESS YOU WANT IT TO BE. THIS IS ABOUT SELF EXPRESSION AND REALIZING WHATEVER CRITERIA IS IMPORTANT TO YOU AND YOUR CREW. SOMETIMES THAT CRITERIA IS A KNOWN KNOWN. SOMETIMES IT’S A KNOWN UNKNOWN. AND SOMETIMES IT’S A UNKNOWN UNKNOWN. SOMETIMES IT’S ABOUT WATCHING THE SUN COME UP OVER LOS ANGELES FROM THE TOP OF STRAWBERRY PEAK. THIS IS A PERMANENT. DO THE LINE, EARN THE PATCH. WE ALSO CACHED 3 DIFFERENT LIMITED EDITION NAGLENE BOTTLES W/ EXTRAS FOR INSPIRATION & REWARD.
- This is all about creativity and going Inside The Outside. MSO is mode—ATB, AT, BRVT, XC, ULTRA, RANDO, PRTL, TRNSCND, ETC.—agnostic. You can walk it, hike it, ski it, you can even drive (most of it) if you want to. Just make it hard and fun. Endurance is relative.
- Complete all seven MANDATORY checkpoints. Details below.
- Document each checkpoint. Will require some kind of camera, the ability to mediate and some very light illustrating.
- The order in which you complete each checkpoint (except of Start and Finish) is up to you—again, this is about creativity and problem solving and your preferred mode(s).
BETA YOU WILL NEED:
DOWNLOAD THIS GPX FILE
SCREENSHOT THIS CUE SHEET WITH CHECKPOINT AND CACHE DETAILS
- START: Rose Bowl Lot K—Take a selfie with the Inside the Outside sticker. MANDATORY *BEFORE
- Clear Creek / Josephine Saddle Road Gate—Take a selfie with the Inside the Outside sticker. MANDATORY
- Josephine Saddle Cache— Inside The Outside 480z Nalgene, stickers and Comfort With Discomfort ski straps.
- Yucca—Draw a Yucca Plant but use swords in place of the spears. MANDATORY
- Strawberry Peak—Take a selfie with the Inside the Outside sticker. MANDATORY
- Strawberry Peak—Meditate about how algorithms are killing creativity. MANDATORY
- Strawberry Peak Cache—PSME 32oz. narrow mouth Nalgene, stickers and Comfort With Discomfort ski straps.
- Redbox Bear Box—Take a selfie with the Inside the Outside sticker. MANDATORY
- Super Cloud Cache / Top of 7th Repel—New Hope 32oz. Nalgene, stickers and Comfort With Discomfort ski straps.
- FINISH: Rose Bowl Lot K MANDATORY *AFTER
- SUBMIT YOUR LINE: FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇 GET PATCH AND 50% DISCOUNT ON YOUR FIRST MSO ORDER.
Live Cache Status
COMPLETE THIS FORM AND UPLOAD YOUR SELFIES TO PROVE ROUTE COMPLETION:
STRAWBERRY PEAK IS SHAPED LIKE A STRAWBERRY.
YUCCAS ARE SHARP.
FOG IN THE MEADOWS.
IT WILL GO.
ON DECEMBER 15th, 2021 MSO COMPLETED THE STRAWBERRY PEAK LINE. THIS IS HOW WE DID IT. PLESE USE THIS FOR INSPIRATION.
Rose Bowl—JPL—ride up the Gab Trail to Clear Creek—crossover the 2—ride up Josephine Fireroad to Josephine Saddle—stash bike and gear—run/scramble/approach up the “mountaineers route” (look for cairns and painted arrows) to the top of Strawberry Peak—meditate at the top about how Algorithms are killing creativity—run/parkour over yuccas on the way back down—grab bike and gear–ride the singletrack around the back Strawberry through upper and lower meadows and Lawler’s saddle—cross the 2 at Redbox—ride the close road up to Mt Disappointment—disassemble your bike at the top of Supercloud and strap it to your pack—canyoneer your way down Supercloud—at the bottom hike out to the top of Gab—reassemble your bike and ride down the single track back to JPL and from there to the Rose Bowl.
PACKING LIST INSPIRATION BETA: *FOR OUR ROUTE
- Underbike: No suspension, drop bars strongly encouraged
- Mission Workshop X Afterschool Projects Toro Handlebar Bag
- Outershell Mini Saddlebag w/ski strap: Tube, PB Swiss 470 bike tool, patch kit, SILCA EOLO III CO2 Regulator Head, CO2 cartridge
- Mission Workshop Speedwell rucksack
- MSO Inside The Outside 48oz. Nalgene
- 10 Comfort with Discomfort ski straps
- Mission Workshop baselayers
- MSO Inside The Outside Long Sleeve
- District Vision Lono Tights
- District Vision Nagata Speed Blade Sunglasses
- Mission Workshop Acre Series Vest
- Mission Workshop Interval
- Salomon Speed Cross XC running shoes
- Climbing Gear
2 thoughts on “Strawberry Peak Line”
What bivy is that on the picnic bench?
Edwin, it’s the Helium Bivy from Outdoor Research.